Advance Bank Reconciliation allows for the import of bank statements that can be automatically reconciled from within AX2012. How to perform an advanced bank reconciliation and assumes that AX has been setup correctly as below.
Import The Bank Statement
- Bank account – Select the bank account that the statement will be imported into.
- Statement format - Select the appropriate bank statement format.
- File folder – Set the inbound folder where the files to be processed are held.
- Import all files in this folder – Tick this is all files in the folder are to be imported.
- Select file – Use this option to manually select a specific file. Reconcile after import – Select this to perform automatic reconciliation (Only if the rules have been set against the bank account).
- Top left – Open statement lines – Imported un-reconciled bank statement lines
- Top right – Open bank documents – Un-reconciled AX bank transactions
- Bottom left – Matched statement lines – Matched bank statement lines Bottom right Matched bank documents – Matched AX bank transactions
If there are any transactions that you have marked as new, these will need to be posted.
Select the line marked as “New”
Then click “Post” to post the transaction.
Cancel A Reconciled Transaction
Individual “reconciled” bank transactions can have the reconciliation status set back to un-reconciled.
To do this browse to : Cash and bank management > Common > Bank document list
Select the reconciled transaction, then click “Reconciliation relations”
From the Reconciliation details form, click the “Cancel reconciliation” button